April 04, 2010

God Meant For Good - Gwen Mathieu

Today is Easter Sunday; a day of celebration of our Risen Lord. Without the Resurrection, there would be no point in attending church, in fact there would be no church, as we know it. It was good to go into the house of the Lord and worship Him.

Usually on the Easter weekend, we have our family here to help celebrate but because of surgery last Wednesday, I thought it best to not offer an Easter dinner. So, today was rather quiet. For lunch we had a BBQ. That is a first for Easter Sunday, but then, I didn’t have to cook.

I spent the afternoon watching an old favourite, “Joseph”. It is one story that brings tears to my eyes, when Joseph and his brothers are reunited. What an example of God’s grace and forgiveness; what Joseph’s brothers meant for harm, God meant for good.

Are things much different for us today? When things don’t go our way or we are greeted with pain and sorrow, do we ask God what we can learn from this situation or do we grumble about the injustice, the unfairness? I hope we are like Joseph. He is one of my favourite bible characters. No matter what situation he found himself in, he kept his faith and was true to his heavenly father.

I trust I can join David’s heartfelt praise in Psalm 34, “I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.”

1 comment:

  1. Gwen, I think Joseph is one of my favourite heros. He truly was an amazing man.

    You think God knew He could trust Joseph to keep the right focus in spite of all that happened to him? Truly. I want to be a person He could trust with such a mandate too. Knowing that even though there may be sorrow for a season, there always, always comes joy in the morning.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.