February 08, 2013

A Glimpse of Heaven -- Donna Fawcett


We're pleased to have Donna Fawcett as our Guest Blogger today on InScribe Writers Online. 



One of the greatest challenges was also one of my greatest joys.   Seven years ago my mother passed away and my faith was tested.

God allowed me to glimpse my mother in Heaven while I was in a dream. I truly believe that was a gift he had given me out of his great love for me. I held that dream close and shared it only with my husband for a few years. I just couldn't speak about it. How can one describe what we don't have here on earth?

Then God convicted me which led me to write about the experience. It was published in A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider and has touched many hearts.

It changed me in two ways: I no longer fear death. I know what is coming and it's absolutely incredible. And I no longer care if people think I'm a crazy fanatic who thinks she saw heaven. I know what I know and God allowed it to build my faith in him.


© Donna Fawcett

www.donnafawcett.com
www.dukeandbeewrite.com




4 comments:

  1. Donna,

    I had a similar experience when my father moved to heaven. Some weeks, maybe a couple of months, after his passing, I was at a prayer group and we were worshiping the Lord. I saw a crowd of people before the Throne and I caught a glimpse of the back of my dad's head, worshiping with the cloud of witnesses.

    It was such a comfort to me and I've thought of it many times since and, like you, have held it close as a treasure.

    I am so glad you shared this beautiful love gift with us.

    And thanks for being our Guest Blogger today.

    Brenda


    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift, ladies. I have not had this experience, but I can see how it would give you a sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how God answers and comforts us. He gives us what we need. What a wonderful experience you had, Donna! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    I believe God talks to us in dreams. I have see this a few times. I felt a tremendous hug during my Father's funeral. I knew I had felt the touch of God.

    Blessings to you,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.