March 09, 2013

A Wee Bit of Evidence - Shirley S. Tye

I wish I could give convincing proof of God’s existence to a non-believer. Just slap it on the table and say; “There it is!” But anything I say or point to can easily be rejected. Look at the vast universe, consider the complexity of the human body, see the amazing things of nature, or witness the miraculous healings people have received. Oh, yes, the wonderful stars – they’re interesting; the human body – well, we can almost duplicate it, remember we’ve done some cloning; healings – those are just a few coincidences. Well, then look at me. Look at my life. Look close.

And how can I explain Jesus? He is a close dear friend yet divine. It’s awe inspiring to walk with the King and refer to Him as friend. He’s my Lord and Saviour. I was on my way to eternal torment in hell, when I called on Jesus and He set me on a new path; the path home. He saved me from that torment. I’m grateful. I didn’t see hell yet I knew it wasn’t the place for me. I haven’t seen heaven either but since Jesus came into my life I know it is home for me. And this new path isn’t easy yet I’d rather travel it than the one I was on before. Look at me. Look at my life. Look close.

Some people have looked at me and have seen something different in me. I know because they’ve told me that there’s something different. They may not have recognized what the difference is but they saw it. Praise the Lord! There’s the evidence! Jesus in me! How awesome is that!

I like the saying; “I believe in the sun even when it isn’t shining.” The sun may be hidden by the clouds but it’s still there. I know that to be true because of airplane flights I have taken. One minute we’re on the ground under grey threatening clouds and the next we’re flying high above the clouds enjoying the sunshine. Amazing! God is here. Jesus is here. We may not see them or feel them or hear them but they are here. I know that in my heart. I feel it in my heart. Look at me. Look at my life. No, I’m not perfect. But if you look close, you’ll see a wee bit of evidence. You’ll see Jesus.


4 comments:

  1. Shirley, you must have read my mind. I so often put myself in the place of the doubters, and wish I had concrete evidence of God. Thanks for showing that we do have evidence in changed lives. That must be the salt and light! I don't think I've ever had anyone say that they see that I'm different and want what I have, but I believe that since the Holy Spirit lives in me, He can't be hidden no matter what. And your airplane example of knowing the sun is shining above the clouds is wonderful. I do see Jesus when I look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the hymn "You ask me how I know He lives. He lives within my heart." Isn't it amazing that God chooses to display Himself through our cracked earthen jars?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are those who will refuse to believe when even the most convincing evidence is placed before them. It was that way in Jesus day and its still the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blaise Pascal, the French philosopher, said, "In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadow for those who don't."

    He also said, “There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.”
    ― Blaise Pascal, in his book Pensees

    I like what you wrote, Shirley, and I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.