September 24, 2013

InScriber's Review: "Happy, Happy, Happy" - Reviewed by Lynn Dove

Seldom do I read a book cover to cover without stopping, but that's what I did with Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander by Phil Robertson; once I started reading I just could not put it down.

I will admit that I am a HUGE fan of the Duck Dynasty T.V. show, having followed the Robertson family since the show was first televised. Quirky (or quacky as the case may be :), the family antics are humourous and entertaining, but also filled with pathos and laced with family values and Godly wisdom.

Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the Robertson clan, writes a book that does not detour from the message and ministry of the T.V. show. God is glorified throughout the book. In fact he admits wholeheartedly that the prime reason for the book and their popular T.V. show is to draw people closer to God.

The book is the powerful testimony of a man who struggled with alcohol and anger until, as Phil says, he "repented" and God powerfully changed his life. It was after his conversion that he sought to invent the best duck call and with God's direction able to see his dream realized.

This is a book that is filled with redneck wit, hard-working know-how, and family devotion. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish!

2 comments:

  1. His reason for writing expresses exactly what many of us feel as we write, isn't it? Thank-you for this post. Can't wait to buy the book. house full of fans here:) We had a Dusk Dynasty basket on the raffle table at my daughter's stag-and-doe on Sat. night and I realized there are a lot of fans here in southern Ontario! May the apostle-Robinson's never waver from their mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It makes me want to read the book even though I am not a big fan of the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.