January 19, 2014

HiberSONsation - Linda Aleta Tame


Why is it that the 19th of the month sneaks up on me?  I remember other days, like the 1st when mortgages are due and the 10th when the bills get paid.  I easily remember to check Facebook and email every day.  The Hershey chocolates in the cupboard are never forgotten.  Well they aren't there long enough I guess, but still you'd think I'd remember such an important date as the 19th when my contribution to this blog is due.

Other months have been so busy.  I have a big family,  five grown children and 12 grandchildren, and last month was Christmas, so understandably some things get forgotten.  I operate a small rental property business, and I take university classes.  I have to give myself a little grace when I forget an errand, when an appointment is missed, or when we eat Kraft Dinner because I forgot to pick up the groceries.  But, how many times can I forget the 19th of the month?  Come on, this is crazy!

I was certain this month would be different.  All the busyness has settled down.  It's January, my time to hibernate.  Things are usually so quiet during this first month of the year.  It's extremely cold in my part of the country, so I decided years ago that the only way I could enjoy January would be to snuggle inside and catch up on my writing, something I love to do.

This year, as it turns out, my husband and I had the privilege to escape the freezing Canadian temperatures and come to warm Arizona!  It's perfect.  My plan was to enjoy the sun and write.   I visualized myself sitting on the patio, sipping a tall iced-tea and tapping away on my laptop.  I could see myself by the pool with my journal, jotting down the most incredibly inspiring, maybe even profound thoughts.  So, what happend?

It's January 19th, and it's now 8:00 p.m.  This is my day to blog here.  I just remembered about half an hour ago.  Maybe the fabulous shopping, the exciting Mexican food and the cacti on the hills have overwhelmed me.  It could be that I've been distracted by the flea markets, the galleries or the AMC Ahwatukee 24 Movie Theater.  My husband is a movie buff.  Regardless, there are four hours left for this contribution to appear on the blog, so I'm doing my best to put it up. 

Hibernation is a good thing.  It helps me rest up, regroup and move forward into the year ahead.  It's supposed to help me be more mindful about the important things, to be more attentive to the Lord and His plans for me.  I'm so grateful for this blog.  It was the reminder today to soak up more of the SON, and to get writing!  I think I've had a "hiberSONsation!"

Image from naturespicwallpaper.com


6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. Thanks for your honesty!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are forgiven! This is a beautiful picture, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pun in "soak up the Son," Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    I can so relate to this. The 3rd of the month sneaks up on me all the time. This month I remembered and I did February - not sure why but while the thought was there I did it.
    We too winter in Arizona. Where abouts are you?
    Right now I am in Barrie, Ontario helping my daughter with her sick baby. Do miss the "sun" but always remembering the "Son".
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HiberSONsation. What a great term. The 11th of the month sneaks up on me too. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has that problem. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks friends! Janis, we are in Ahwatukee. First time here, and lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.