January 15, 2018

Great Expectations for 2018 - Tracy Krauss

Many people choose a 'word' for the year to help keep them on track or provide inspiration. Yesterday you may have read about Ruth Snyder's word 'TRUST' or Karma Pratt's word "INTENTION". I also like to choose a word each year. In the past I've chosen such words or phrases as, ACCOUNTABILITY, PURPOSE, and JUST WRITE. 

This year I feel God has led me to the word EXPECTATION. I like how it fits so well with the month's theme for this blog. On January 1, the question was asked, "How is God speaking to you about your faith and writing? How are you anticipating God’s presence? How does He want you to step forward in faith?"

For me, all of these questions can be summed up in the word EXPECTATION. Psalm 62:5 says, "My soul, wait thou upon God; for my EXPECTATION is from Him." (KJV)

Expectation is, at its core, the act of anticipation. God has birthed in me many expectations for my family, my spiritual growth, and my writing - and I'm expecting Him to deliver! Although this may sound selfish at first glance, it's really about having faith - believing God's promises even when I don't see their fulfillment. It's about trusting God with the timing and the outcome, and intentionally surrendering each area of my life to God. Perhaps you've heard the saying, "God said it, i believe it, that settles it." I think this sums up what the word 'expectation' means to me. 

I am expecting God to speak to me through His Word. I am expecting Him to lead me, despite any bumps along the way. I am expecting my children to make good life choices and wayward loved ones to be saved. And certainly not the least, I am expecting to succeed in my writing this year.

2017 was a rough year for me in many respects, but through various trials, God has been teaching me about the importance of letting Him be in charge. The groundwork was laid and like Joshua, I sense God's call to move forward in 2018 with confidence. I believe He has great things in store for me and for InScribe as an organization. That is my expectation! Let's advance into the promised land and claim our inheritance this year. 



 Tracy Krauss writes from her home in northern BC. For more about the year of EXPECTATION, visit her blog: http;//tracykrauss.com/blog

5 comments:

  1. Dear Tracy, I love your word of the year: expectation. Thank you for encouraging us to expect God's leading and provision. My 2018 word is listen. I need to improve my listening skills in so many ways;I understand why I was prompted to choose it.
    Blessings as we listen and respond to God's leading this year ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Expectation - yes, that's great advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am expecting god's blessings on InScribe this year!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Tracy. I can identify so well with these expectations of yours. "I am expecting God to speak to me through His Word. I am expecting Him to lead me, despite any bumps along the way. I am expecting my children to make good life choices and wayward loved ones to be saved. And certainly not the least, I am expecting to succeed in my writing this year."

    If our souls wait upon the Lord, we can expect him to fulfill our God-given expectations, Tracy. "May the Lord bless you and keep you . . . " as you expect the best God has to give you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.