April 22, 2014

Persisting In Sending Out The Lord’s Message by Melanie Fischer


 

Today we are delighted to welcome InScribe member Melanie Fischer as our Guest Blogger.



A dandelion is immensely more than a pesky weed; it is a grand lesson in persistence. This wildflower possess soft petals and unique beauty in its young flowering state. When it matures though, its sole purpose is to get its message (its seeds) out.

When push comes to shove, the dandelion does not take “no” for an answer. Even when mowed down and raked into a heap of grass and other weeds, the dandelion persists to seed. When a breeze sweeps over the withering plant, the wind grasps the seeds and carries them away. New dandelions then sprout wherever they have found fertile ground.

This reminds me of when Paul was in jail. Even when bound in chains, he did not cease to spread the Lord's message.

“Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” Ephesians 6:19, 20 (NIV).




Paul persistently sent the words out, and because he did, we continue to read those letters today. Even though the messenger Paul eventually perished, the message never did.

Persist in sending out the message that the Lord has placed in your hearts, on your tongues, in your pens and on your computer screens. Press “send”.




Melanie Fischer is fresh out of the published gate, releasing her works into the world. She is a writer - story telling style, blogger and teacher of technologies behind getting the Lord’s message out. You can visit her website at www.hungryforpurpose.com or follow her blog at www.hungryforpurpose.com/blog

Photos source:  Melanie Fischer and Ashley Fischer





 

10 comments:

  1. This makes me smile, Mel. I think of a conversation with someone visiting from Europe. He remarked on the beauty of the yellow flowers that festooned everyone's lawns, but we groaned, thinking of all we go through to get rid of them.

    God's word is beautiful, but some will reject it and work to get rid of it.

    May each of us honour his word in our hearts and in our writing.

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post Melanie. (And I loved the photographs)Yes! We must press on toward the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments ladies. Yes, keep pressing on toward the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie,
    Great photos, I always marvel at how tenacious the weeds are. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie,

    With those little yellow flowers about to sprout everywhere, your posting is perfect timing.

    Thanks so much for listening to His prompting in your heart and for reminding us to persist with the messages He's given each of us.

    Many blessings...
    Brenda Leyland
    Blog Moderator




    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, I live how you have the ability to get a message across in a few words! And it is always interesting because you couch it in a story or an analogy. I will see dandelions in a new way now ( as I am yanking them out by the roots!)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie,
    Although I shouldn't, I do like dandelions. I especially love blowing the seeds into the wind with my granddaughter. Yes, they are persistent weeds but I like the lesson you reminded us of through the word picture. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you take a simple example, like the often unloved dandelion and build a lesson around it. Excellent post, Mel. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your post.I'm sure that I will remember this next time I look at those pesky weeds. Thanks Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement! And thank you Brenda for taking this piece in God's perfect timing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.