April 30, 2015

April is for A-Z by Susan Barclay

If you haven't heard of the A-Z Blogging Challenge, it's high time you did! The brain child of Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out, the challenge is in its sixth year, with well over 1300 participants. 

Basically, the ideas is this: during the month of April, write 26 posts, each beginning with a different letter of the alphabet. April 1 is A, April 2 is B, etc. No posts on Sundays. You can write to a theme or you can write about whatever comes to mind. You can plan your posts ahead of time or fly by the seat of your pants. The idea is to get your creative juices flowing, to visit other bloggers who are participating, and for new readers to come your way.

This is my fourth year of A-Z'ing and the first where I actually had the work complete by April 1. That freed me up (in theory) to visit more blogs than I had before and to enjoy and reply to the comments left by readers of my blog, Notes from Innisfree. This year my theme was 'living with less', aka de-cluttering/simple living.


I find the challenge a great way to keep my writing fresh and to give myself a break from my routines. In February, I talked about methods I use to stimulate ideas and creativity. A-Z fits by acting as a writing prompt and allowing me to read blog posts from different viewpoints or on topics I know little about. Another great thing about it is the opportunity to add new followers and meet new friends. At the end of the month I never regret writing my way through the alphabet. 

Next year I hope you'll join me. Let's A-Z together!
__________________

For more of my writing visit my personal blog (click above link) and my website, www.susan-barclay.ca

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I have never heard of "writing your way through the alphabet." A-Z. I'm going to have to remember for next year. Thanks for sharing something different with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very interesting. I have heard of others doing this (not sure if it is the same one) but have never tried it myself. maybe I will sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great idea, Susan. Next year you should send a reminder to us all in March so that we can join in if we want. Because, to be honest, I probably won't remember to hunt down this blog post next year. But a little nudge would help. Thanks for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm voting with Connie-for you to send a reminder next year in March-or I missed your Feb comments, if you had suggested this. Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.