September 15, 2017

Surprised by God's Timing - Again! Tracy Krauss

I love to hear 'God moment' stories. Not only are they inspiring, but they serve to strengthen our faith. I've had many such experiences in my life - too many to explain in one blog post. I would need an entire book. (Perhaps this is a theme for our next InScribe anthology...)

Anyway, it seems God has been increasing these supernatural 'serendipities' in the last few months. Even though I had a heart attack in May and subsequent open heart surgery, I have also felt God's direction and leading very clearly and unmistakably. He has orchestrated every step in miraculous ways, right down to the very hour of my surgery and beyond.

These experiences have been focal points during my recovery - tangible reminders of God's faithfulness and supernatural might. My faith has never been stronger. How could I ever again question God's timing about ANYTHING when I've seen how perfect His timing is, right down to the minutest detail?

And then... God surprised me once again.

I had been hoping to finish my cardiac rehabilitation over the summer in time to go back to teaching school in September. My doctors strongly suggested I take part in the program, but if I didn't hurry and get in, I wouldn't make it before my 'deadline'. Despite my constant phone calls, delays of various kinds meant I did not get into the program until near the end of August. My natural reaction would have been frustration, but I knew God has a reason. When September rolled around I wasn't ready to return to work yet anyway, and it turns out, I had exactly the right amount of leave days to take me to the end of October so that I could participate in the rehab! The timing was perfect, since one of my daughters is pregnant with her first child in the middle of September, (in two days, in fact!) so I now have time to spend with her right after the baby is born. It also meant I could attend Fall Conference without taking time off. God had it all worked out perfectly! Hooray!

And then... God surprised me AGAIN... 

I started feeling 'off' a few weeks ago. I had been making great progress over the summer, walking longer and farther each day, and getting progressively stronger. But suddenly I started getting dizzy and fatigued after very little exertion, and I was even experiencing chest pain again. I started rehab and ended up in the emergency ward. How discouraging after such a long wait. Trips to the doctor, (and many more decisions to just stay home and 'tough it out') finally led me to the realization that Fall Conference was not an option for me this year. Reluctantly, I had to inform the rest of the planning committee that I would not be able to fulfill my duties or teach the workshop that I had prepared.

Instead of working it out for me to go to Fall Conference, it seems God has orchestrated more time for rest and reflection. I'm writing this post from my hospital bed, where I've been confined for three days now, while undergoing tests. It wasn't what I had expected, and certainly not what I want, but I can see God's timing. He knew all along what was needed, and as you hopefully read in Ruth's post from yesterday, He has worked out all the details perfectly.

I'm still living out this particular story, but I'm sure that God's got it handled. Here is a bible verse my sister sent me yesterday:
"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart. Wait, i say, on the Lord." Psalm 27: 13-14 NKJV

12 comments:

  1. Tracy,
    Thanks for sharing what God's been teaching you. I am inspired by your faith and trust in God. We will miss you at conference, and I am definitely praying for healing for you and wisdom for the doctors.

    My paternal Grandfather had 3 hip replacement surgeries. I remember him saying, "God's sending me on another missionary journey." He had many opportunities to share God's love with other people while in the hospital. Thanks for being a blessing to us and others in your own journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. All the best as you teach & serve at conference.

      Delete
  2. In following your journey, Tracy, and that of a few others in my life right now, I've come to the realization that our Plan B, or C or D, has been God's Plan A all along. He just needs to take us over to that pathway in small increments, or we'd freak out!

    Praying the Lord will flood you with his peace as you rest in his Plan A for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gives us glimpses but usually not the entire story or we'd be overwhelmed, I think.

      Delete
  3. Your testimony Tracy reminds me so clearly that the steps of a righteous woman are ordered of the Lord and He busies Himself with your every step. Praying for you friend that you rise up even stronger physically and spiritually. I pray that you will keep your mind stayed on Jesus so you walk and live in the rest of God and fulfill all of His purposes for your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannie! (And it was amazing to see you in Vancouver last may. God worked out that visit serendipitiously, too!)

      Delete
  4. Tracy,
    I am going to really miss you at the conference this year. I will pray for a complete recovery so we can definitely meet next year. Your faith helps all of stand strong and stand in the gap for you. May you find blessing after blessings during this "period" of God-time.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Janis. I will definitely miss the teaching etc. but the thing I will miss most in not connecting with 'you all' in person. "Next year in Jerusalem".. (Or in this case, next year in Wetaskiwin!)

      Delete
  5. I appreciate your attitude, Tracy, that God keeps surprising you. 🌷praying for you that God would show you little glimpses of His love for you every day, and also for wisdom and insight for the Doctors, and peace for your family. What a new little treasure you will soon enjoy! 🚼 🍼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had previously decided that God was going to make my daughter's delivery 'late' so that I could attend conference guilt free. I just wasn't worried about it because i knew He had a plan. Well, now I see that the plan was quite different, but I feel God's hand in it none the less.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Tracy, for sharing this story of faith and God's working in your life, even in the midst of adversity. I love the wonderful and encouraging scripture verse your sister sent you, and I made note of this for my own edification.

    My go-to verse is often: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV May you, Tracy, rest in the hope of knowing that God has got you covered. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another very powerful and encouraging verse, Sharon. thanks

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to join in the conversation. Our writers appreciate receiving your feedback on posts you have found helpful or meaningful in some way.